Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SPRINGfever


 It's *spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain

Don’t you love that after every Winter there comes a Spring? 

There’s only one thing that gets me through Winter. Seriously. Not Hot Chocolate. Not Christmas. Not cozy fires or freshly fallen snow.

It’s the promise of SPRING.

That’s what Spring is to me – God’s promise. It’s His rainbow in the sky, promising me that gray and dreary days will NOT last forever. That Hope IS on the way. Literally and figuratively.

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. – Hal Borland

Spring is the future I count on when life gets cold. When fun ceases to happen and reality bites.

Spring is what my heart hopes for. And counts on. Always. Spring is HOPE.

Keep your eyes open…Spring is coming for you too. Hope is just around the corner. The trees are about to burst into bloom!


Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life. 
- Proverbs 13:12, ESV



REALLY RELATING
What is your favorite season of the year, and why?


*This is the poem that made the phrase “spring fever” famous J.

4 comments:

  1. To All -

    I should have posted a link with some hope-filled verses. Please click on the following link to find some promises to hang onto. Find one to memorize, do so, & post it somewhere that you'll see it often. May God richly bless you as you attempt to hold onto HOPE, remembering that He can hold onto you regardless of how shakey your own grip feels. xo, vickey

    http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/?q=hope&c=wis&t=nas&ps=10&s=Bibles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicki! I do get to this time of year...and I am so ready for warm and sunshine. Granted Central Georgia winter's are not that bad, but I've tired of layering on things just to walk outside. That said, growing up in FL, I never experienced the magic of the changing seasons. You are exactly right ~ that is truly the gift of winter, seeing everything reborn. Those first daffodils, the blooming trees. But I can not tell I lie ~ I love HOT. So the long days of summer are my favorite. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOR SURE Spring...goodness the colors, the blooms, the warmth, the smells, the color of Yellow EVERYWHERE, going outside in the sunshine!!! Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my warm weather friends!
    Jam - I do enjoy the changing seasons. BUT...when it comes to Winter, I say, "Please God, change it quickly!" :) One pretty snow and then I'm good to feel the sun again. And daffodils,they're such a friendly flower. Almost as friendly as daisies...

    Daysh - Speaking of daisies...I know that you speak Daisy, don't you?! Don't know of anyone else who appreciates yellow as much as I do...except for you! Enjoy the sun, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete