Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cell Phone Messages From God


Have you ever had a cell phone message from God?


This past Monday, I received two very upsetting phone calls from my Dad’s Hospice nurse. Among the things she said was that she felt He would probably plummet at any time. And, I was stuck about 25 states away in the middle of a Spring Break littered with sold-out flights clear across the country.

I opened my eyes the next morning and begged God to please get my son and I home to my Dad. Then, I checked the messages on my cell phone. In the midst of the mayhem, I saw an email that I get from a website called the daily verse. This was my unedited cell phone message from God:

“And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land.
Then you shall know that I am he LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD.
-        Ezekiel 37:14

Let us be encouraged by this passage from the story of the dry bones being brought to life.
Be reminded of God’s willingness to fill us with His Spirit, put us where we need to be
and finish what He has started in us.”

Really, God? You will place me in my own land? You will put me where I need to be? You have spoken and You will do it?

Then…God gave me the next two and a half days to ponder whether or not I would believe what the Spirit within me so strongly proclaimed would indeed happen. The most hair-raising rental car return I have had in thirteen years of concentrated traveling. Two separate sets of cancelled flights. An extra night added vs. the hoped-for flying home early.

But…here I am, a week later, sitting next to my Daddy and still thanking God for placing me in own land and for once again showing me that He will do what He says He will do.

Even when absolutely everything else tells me otherwise.


For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- Hebrews 4:12 NAS


REALLY RELATING
How has God used His Word to speak to you lately?

2 comments:

  1. Your strength in the Lord is what we should all have. Thank you for trusting in His words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known your Dad for many years. Please keep him comfortable and know that we are thinking about him.
    Joe Brennan
    Century 21 Gold Castle

    ReplyDelete