Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Living In Transition



We are all in transition.


Think about it…
Seasons of Life.
Jobs/Careers.
Relationships.
Education.
Location.



We’re either moving toward or away from some thing. Some one. Some place.

Some transitions are welcomed. Even sought. Others are fought with a frenzied vengeance. Avoided like a life-sucking plague. Regardless of how we feel about them...transitions are inevitable.

Do you feel lost in transition?

If so, I know exactly how you feel. I am in the middle of the single biggest transition of my life. I feel like one of those people you see in a snow globe, at the mercy of someone constantly shaking up their little world. Honestly, I sometimes feel dizzy. And, well, I don’t like snow.

But you and I…we’re not plastic figures trapped in a cheap glass globe. We are handmade, one-of-a-kind creations, crafted by a God who has promised us a future and a hope. We weren’t created to be lost, but to live, even in transition. God is doing a work IN US, and I’m confident He wants our cooperation!  

We are in process. Which, interestingly, is what transition really means: a process of change, a linking.

Today’s process is part of our journey - our linking from one thing to the next. How we respond to these transitional times will undeniably affect our ability to embrace what’s ahead. Will we merely begrudge what we’ve lost or graduated from? Will we stay locked in a world of memory – of what would of/should of/could of been? Will we so long for what’s been taken that we look right past what we now have? So fear what’s potentially ahead that we don’t fully live today?

How do we embrace this journey of transition?

That’s my question. Got any ideas? I’m listening…


Really Relating
Where are you in transition? How are you embracing your time in transition?

No comments:

Post a Comment